In a field where innovation saves lives, 3D printing is empowering doctors, researchers and medical device manufacturers to work faster, test more thoroughly and personalize care like never before.
AET Labs in partnership with Stratasys is proud to present our newly-launched 3DP Healthcare Solutions Series designed to foster a better understanding of 3D printing medical application innovations and challenges.
Please join us for the first installment on June 7th from 6:00-9:00 p.m. at GrabCAD in Cambridge for a complimentary catered cocktail hour followed by an edifying look at the multitude of ways 3D printing applications are advancing areas of surgical planning, medical devices, prosthetics & orthotics, and research.
Our distinguished guest speaker Dr. Albert Woo, Chief of Pediatric Plastic Surgery and Director of the Craniofacial Program at Rhode Island Hospital/Hasbro Children’s Hospital, will share his expertise and discuss how he utilizes 3D printing to prepare for complex craniofacial reconstruction surgeries.
Other topics of discussion include:
- Optimizing surgical planning
- Supporting hospital innovation
- Enhancing education and training
- Validating device performance
- Mitigating cost overruns
- Patent, copyright, and regulatory concerns
- Converting 2D MRI and CT files to digital 3D STL print files
- In-house 3D printing feasibility
- 3D printing program development in the hospital setting
- Developing a business model for 3D printing in the hospital
- Clinical examples of 3D printing including craniofacial, cardiac, tumor and robotic hands
This promises to be a fantastic evening of networking and innovation exploration for area healthcare professionals.
For more information or to register click here.
AET landing page link – http://www.aetlabs.com/medical-3d-printing-stratasys-aetlabs.
Organization: AET Labs and Stratasys
Date: June 7th
Start time: 6:00 p.m.
End time: 9:00 p.m.
Location: GrabCAD, 9 Camp Street 2nd floor, Cambridge, MA 02140